Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kitchen first practical class

During my last kitchen practical, I have cooked fish fillet... We have to create a main course from fish with 2-3 types of vegetables, one starch and one type of sauce~ then we will be marks according to our presentation of food and taste. Well marks also given from the organising of our station as in cleaniness and arrangement of untensils... Time limit is 2 hours~

My group consisting of DC and DH (in case u dunno, DC is culinary student during diploma while DH is hospitality management student in diploma). DC students are more better in term of organising their station and time and DH students are little bit weak but I believe we can improve as time goes on... Cut the talking and let me show you wat's the end product of our 2 hours cooking~

This is my creation of pan fried fish fillet with turned potatoes, glazed carrots, tomato cherries, celeriac puree and served with Hallandaise sauce~


Side view and top view~

And these are some pictures of beautiful presentation...


This is done by Joshua~ Fish stuffing~


Benedict's fish fillet~


Pan fried fish fillet by Celes~


Yew's presentation~


Pi khung's dish~


One of the best presentation by Patrick~

Well there are more dishes but too much for me to post it up here~ so ya~ sorry to those who I did not post up, it doesn't mean u guy are not good just that I can wait for the pictures to load~

So alrite~ thats all for the first class~ I did my second kitchen class today and the menu was duck~ :) will post about it soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment